Dear customers and visitors,
We regret to announce that Blue Melon will no longer sell its BlueSense line of products. There are several reasons to this decision. First the small scale at which the modules were produced hindered the profit margin. Secondly Blue Melon also performs contract work. This work hardly combines with the work required to keep a webshop and support a wide range of products like Blue Sense.
The BlueSense site will be maintained up and running at least in 2008. Furthermore email and telephone support is still available. If you are interested we can supply modules still in stock. For enquiries please contact us.
Are you ready to extend your art's interactivity by measuring sensors, switching devices, detecting movement? With BlueSense you can do this from within your favourite application like Max MSP(tm), Pure Data (PD),Flash MX, Processing, C or VB.Net! BlueSense allows you to wirelessly connect a large number of sensors and actuators to your computer.
Our system has a few big advantages over competing systems:
- First BlueSense is truly modular. With other systems when you run out of inputs you're stuck. With BlueSense you can always add new modules.
- Our boards have been programmed with intelligence. Seamlessly you can use counters, rotary encoders, adjust sampling resolution, etc. All the tiresome work has been done for you!
- The modules have been fitted with upgradeable firmwares. Blue Melon is continuously working on new functions for existing modules which you will be able to download from our website.
- A minimum number of electronic components is needed. For example you can add relays directly without the use of any transistors!
- Are your modules placed on spots which are difficult to reach? You can use the BlueSense wireless boards. Multiple wireless boards can be used
- High data speeds over a cabled network. Most inputs and outputs can be updated over 1000 times a second.
- Software support for a large number of software packages like Max/Msp(tm), Pure Data, Flash MX, Processing, C, Java and others. BlueSense is supported on MaxOS X, Windows and Linux. The developer library is freeware.
- Physical computing Do you want to realize a setup without a computer? Our BM7505 Bluesense programmable Pure Data router is the solution!
Each board has its own function. All modules are connected to so-called router building blocks. Currently we offer modules for digital switch inputs/outputs, analog inputs/outputs, Stepper, Servo and DC motor control and control via internet. Because each module has its own function you will not be paying for any unused functionality. As a user you decide which components you use.
Read the rest in our BlueSense news archive...